- Piano lessons continued as normal at the house. Arden went first so he could be ready for his date with Dad afterward!
- Arden got to go to the Lego store and shopped (both for himself and for Tobin), then had lunch with Dad.
- After coming home for a quick drop-off, Ted took Kenna out for her date with Daddy!
- Kenna went with Daddy to Michael's to shop for Charis's Christmas present. Then they went to Friendly's for ice cream. Kenna had only been to Friendly's once before (last June!), but every time we pass there she comments on it and asks when we can go again. So I thought it would be a fun surprise for Ted to take her there...and yes, she was definitely excited.
- Back at home, I made two loaves of bread--I'm now using flour from this company and hope to get a wheat grinding attachment for my KitchenAid mixer soon so that I can simply buy the soaked and sprouted wheat berries, then grind my own when I'm ready to bake. (Cheaper and more nutritional value that way.)
- Those of us at home also enjoyed lots of Wii time together. :-)
- I made a big dinner for us to have early since the boys had karate. One of our favorites: lemon chicken!
- Ted took the boys to karate, where they had their first belt test. Both of them and their friend Logan passed, so they are now yellow belts!
- While the boys were gone, we girls watched a Christy movie and had hot tea and Stroopies.
- We got kids in bed at a reasonable hour, and Ted and I had some time to start a movie while I nursed Zaden for the last time.
January 28, 2012
R&R, Day 5
Catching up so I don't forget...Thursday was a big day for Ted; thankfully the jet lag is getting better! We kept him on the go from morning 'til night!