January 14, 2012

Charis's Tender Heart

For AWANA this past week, Charis had an assignment to write a pretend letter to a missions agency asking for a job.  Her finished product blessed me so much and brought tears to my eyes, and with her permission, I am sharing it here for others to see as well.


Dear ______________,

My name is Charis [last name]. I am writing to you to ask for a job as a missionary. I have always wanted to lead other people to Jesus. I know that it will be hard work and, in some cultures, possibly dangerous, but I feel strongly that God is calling me to do this.
Some of my good qualities are that I am: determined, trustworthy, perseverant, cheerful, compassionate, friendly, responsible, loving, gentle, generous, and dedicated.
I think I would make a good missionary because I am always ready to help people. I can guess what people are feeling most of the time so I can share their joy, comfort them, stand by them, and sympathize with them.  I shine God’s light and spread His word wherever I go. I feel very sad when people sin, and I pray for them constantly. I have led some of my friends to Jesus already, and I am eager to lead more. I know I am young, but that doesn’t matter. 1 Timothy 4:12 says “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.” I am confident that I would make a good missionary. It has been my dream for years, and I would be very disappointed if I didn’t get the job. However, if that is the case, I would know that God has a bigger, better plan for me.
I hope you will consider me for the job. Please contact me as soon as possible. I eagerly await your reply. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,


Charis 

1 comment:

Debi said...

WOW!!! Charis is such a special young lady and this letter just prooves it. Tell her that Mrs. Joy is very proud of her.

If being a missionary is something that she does choose to do some day, I know that the Lord will provide the perfect opportunity for her.

I know you must be super proud, as you should be!