October 24, 2007
A couple of weekends ago we took a break from unpacking and enjoyed the Las Vegas Renaissance Festival. The kids and I went on Friday, as we were able to get in free with the home school group. It was nice to go when it wasn't so crowded, though I was a bit apprehensive about taking all 4 little ones. I pushed Kenna in the stroller and pulled the wagon for swords, helmets, and (later on) tired knights. Would you believe we were there for nearly 5 1/2 hours?! Kenna did quite well and even napped off and on throughout the day. While we were there:
* Charis painted a shield
* We had a rather disappointing lunch of soggy corn dogs and cold fries
* We watched a blacksmith
* We learned lots about parrots during the Pirate's Parrot Show
* We watched cannons being shot off (much to Kenna's chagrin)
* The boys bought wooden swords with their spending money
* Charis bought a ribbon wreath with her spending money
* All 3 older kids fought some knights with duct-taped foam "weapons"
* We watched knights from various guilds duel
* We watched some belly dancers and Charis found a new goal in life (much to my chagrin)
* We munched Kettle Corn
In fact, we had so much fun that we decided to return on Saturday as a whole family! This time we were able to see the jousting tournament as well as watch a juggler/comedian.
If you'd like to see some pictures, you can click here to view our "Ren Fest" album! We look forward to going again next year!