March 20, 2006

Under the Weather...

Whew--yesterday is a day I do NOT want to repeat! It started out so nicely! I woke early and worked in my stamp room after having a very early quiet time. Church was good, and I stayed to help in the 11:45 service. I went straight from church to a baby shower, which was tons of fun as I got to visit with lots of ladies that I normally don't see without our kids running around us! After that I hurried home to join the rest of the family and our friend Lyn from down the street, who has started attending our sign language classes with us.

I ate a banana as we drove to class, because even though we had eaten lots of munchies at the shower, my stomach somehow felt strange. I thought maybe I was feeling a bit hungry from just eating munchies. By the time we got to our class (about a 20-minute drive), I wasn't so sure how I was feeling! I turned to Ted and Lyn and said, "My stomach feels weird! I don't know if it's something I ate at the shower or what!" But we went inside and started our class. About 15 minutes into the class I realized that I was not doing well at all. On the one hand, I didn't think I should stay at the class, but on the other hand, I didn't relish the thought of another 20 minutes in the van! We ended up leaving, taking a plastic bag inside a paper bag just in case.

Let's just say it's a good thing I had the bag!

The next few hours were pure misery, leaving me in a crumpled heap that could barely move! Ted put the kids to bed and went to the store to get me some pepto, and after I took some of that I was finally able to get to sleep. It was so frustrating to be so tired and yet not be allowed the luxury of going to sleep to escape the misery--every time I almost dropped off, my body woke me up to run to the potty!

I ran a fever during the night and part of this morning. My stomach issues are nearly resolved, thank the good Lord. I just feel like I've been hit by a truck. Whatever this was, it hit very hard and very fast, and thankfully it seems to be moving on. I hope to get my strength up soon, as I am doing a stamping event in the morning!

Ted was kind enough to take a day of leave to help with the kids, which is good because this morning I still felt so weak, I probably wouldn't have been able to do much beyond letting them run wild! I napped from about 10:30 to noon and ate some chicken soup and orange slices for lunch. I've kind of been lounging around this afternoon, debating about taking another nap. I don't want to be awake all night, so I think at this point I will just wait and try to go to bed early. Hopefully when morning comes I will be feeling myself again!


Ski said...

I am so sorry your got the nasty stomach bug. It hit our house two weeks ago. Luckily it was quick for all of us, we all felt bette after 36 hours, except for the head ache from dehydration. When you can drink lots of water and something like Recharge (better for you than Gatorade). Even some salt in chicken broth or lemon juice in water will help balance your electrolites. I hope nobody else gets it. Is Charis feeling better? Happy Birthday Ted!

Bob & Claire said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to read that you are sick! I know how hard it is when the Mommy is down! Good for Ted to take a day of leave. I hope you're feeling 100% SOON!