March 30, 2006

Funny Kids

Arden's speech is amazing. For having been in Tobin the Talker's shadow for the past 2 1/2 years, Arden is finally getting some time in the conversation spotlight. He talks constantly--guess he learned it from his brother, and he figured Tobin was bound to have to take a breath now and then!

I need to start writing down some of the things he's been saying, but there was one sentence that made me laugh a couple of days ago. I don't know exactly what happened that tickled Arden so, but after bursting into a fit of giggles, he gasped, "That was siwwy (silly) because it was so funny!" I've noticed he says "because" a lot, and not necessarily in the right context. He strings together a lot of observations, and everything is "because" of the previous topic of discussion. For example: "Today we went to the libwawy because then we went to Sonic because we saw Gracie this morning..." and so on.

**********

Charis is still on her ice skating kick, although she now says she wants to be a ballerina, too. I took this picture of her probably a couple of weeks ago. Since we don't have anything "normal" that could pass as an ice skating outfit, she created her own. The t-shirt was from the hospital when she was born; it says, "I got my first hug at Mountain Home AFB Family Care Unit." I'm amazed she got it over her head. The ruffle is from a doll princess dress-up set, and the tights are probably 2 years old. I don't think the picture shows it, but she also has socks on over her tights. I thought the outfit was rather creative, and you can see from her smile that she obviously is rather proud of herself too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh!! She's too cute! Girls will go to any length to dress like a princess/ballerina/ice princess!

Anonymous said...

Meghan loves the picture and wants to "go to her (Charis) house."