March 30, 2006

Procrastinating

I should be working on a writing project, the Bible study for a youth camp Ted and I have been involved with since the summer of 2000. However, I seem to be stuck, so I thought I'd pop over to my blog and update it a bit. It's so much easier to write in here! I've been having a lot of fun working on this study. It's the 6th one I've done for the camp. Our past themes have been:

* The Few, the Proud, the Faithful (a military analogy)
* Welcome to the Island (fruit of the Spirit)
* The Quest for Holiness (medieval theme)
* Carry the Torch (Olympic theme)
* The Hall of Faith (character studies based on Hebrews 11)

And, this year, I've Got the Power (superhero theme). I love writing these studies; they challenge me spiritually, and it's a way I can use my talents to honor the Lord and hopefully draw others closer to Him. Still, it's a struggle. I can tell when a spiritual attack is going to come...the moment I schedule my writing times into my planner and begin working seriously on the study! I got a good chunk done while Ted was TDY, and you might know we had some serious issues that week, mostly involving children and attitudes (theirs and mine!).

Due to family and business events, this writing project has taken a bit of a back seat the past week. Now I'm ready to pick back up again, but I'm stuck with writer's block. I guess it's a lesson learned to keep writing, a little at a time, so that the fires don't die down.

No comments: