May 16, 2009

It's All Egyptian to Me

Charis has taken on a new project--learning the alphabet in hieroglyphics. We studied ancient Egypt quite awhile ago, but she recently re-discovered an "Egyptian pack" I found for two bucks at Borders on the clearance rack. It included papyrus-looking paper, envelopes, postcards, and an introduction to hieorglyphics. It was the perfect companion to what we had learned in homeschool studies, and the kids had a lot of fun with it when I first gave it to them, but then it got buried in her craft room mess. (No surprise there for anyone who has ever been in my stamping office.)

I am pleased to say that Charis is now fluent in Egyptian symbols. If you're looking for someone to write your name in hieroglyphics, she's your gal!

2 comments:

Kevin and Ashley said...

that is SO cool!!!!!! i wish you were my teacher growing up!!

Beverly said...

The funny thing is that I really didn't teach her any of it...she just did it on her own because she was interested in learning it! I just read about Egypt through our Sonlight materials and bought the pack...the rest was a do-it-herself project!