* Crayon markings on the wall, because it means I have a toddler with the ability to create.
* A son sitting on top of the school table, because it means he is engrossed in a word puzzle book and is engaging his mind instead of his brother.
* A daughter who could be labeled a recluse at times, because it means she is exercising her imagination by playing alone in her room.
* The beautiful weather outside, because it gives us a chance to enjoy the sunshine during our afternoon school reading.
* Our minivan with a dent in the back door and trillions of crumbs scattered on the floor, because it is transportation for our whole family and is almost PAID OFF.