February 26, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Maybe this can be a new blog entry type...Favorites on Friday!


A few moments of peace in our homeschooling day...books, puzzles, and games. Ahhhh!


Smiles from my baby boy. Love him so much!!


Working in the kitchen with my girls (and Lucan, too, I guess--he does make more work, LOL!). Here we were making Ranger Cookies. Would you like the recipe? Of course you would! I love to give credit to people who give me fabulous recipes, but there's no one to link to on this post...this family favorite goes way back to the first year Ted and I were married and living on a shoestring. The recipe came from the box of generic corn flakes we bought from the local H.E.B. grocery store!

NEW RANGER COOKIES
Hill Country Fare Corn Flakes box recipe

1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups corn flakes
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt

Mix sugars, shortening, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients; dough will be stiff. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes at 375.

No comments: