August 21, 2011

Restless

I had an appointment on Friday to see one of the midwives on base.  We're to the point where I'm going in weekly.  I learned I was dilated 3 cm, which doesn't really mean much at all!  I did have some contractions throughout the afternoon, but obviously nothing happened.  I was thankful to get a fairly long nap that day as well as Saturday after I attended a family ministry conference at our church from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 

So now it's 4:48 a.m. Sunday and I'm awake...been awake since about 1:37 a.m. when a contraction jolted me out of sleep.  The next one came 5 minutes later.  Another one 30 minutes later, followed by one 12 minutes later.  Got out of bed and made some raspberry leaf tea; since I let it steep for 20 minutes, I decided to go ahead and make the banana caramel sticky buns I was planning to make anyway for breakfast.  Putzed around the kitchen for awhile, and after the buns were made and my tea was gone, I decided it was time to try sleeping again.  I hadn't felt any painful contractions, just a few mild ones and a general crampy feeling.

In bed I tossed and turned and never did fall back asleep, having a few more contractions, but again, nothing all that painful.  But my back aches, and I still feel crampy.  So...I'm not sure if something is happening or not!  After all the to-do with Lucan's false alarms and lengthy labor, I really hesitate to do anything unless/until I feel something is DEFINITELY happening.

No comments: