August 23, 2011

Aaaaaand...Still No Baby

We thought things might be happening last night!  Starting in the afternoon, I had 3-4 contractions an hour until our after-dinner walk.  I pushed Lucan in the stroller and Charis rode her scooter along with me; we were away from the house about an hour, and I consistently had contractions 8-12 minutes apart.  We returned home excited--something's happening!!

We got Kenna and Lucan in bed and then went to my bedroom so I could read another chapter in our book with Charis, Tobin, and Arden.  The contractions slowed down to every 14-18 minutes, but they were still coming, so I was cautiously hopeful.  After our chapter was finished, I sent the older kids to bed but allowed Charis to sleep on the couch in the family room since she'll be attending the birth.  I Skyped Ted for a bit to update him, and we decided that he should not skip his morning meeting since things were slowing down so much.  As I lay down to try to get some rest, I was slightly concerned about that decision--what if all of a sudden things started to move?!  As it turned out, I needn't have worried about THAT!

After a couple more contractions, I fell asleep around 11 p.m. and woke suddenly at 1 a.m. with a definite pain.  When another one came, I got out of bed to drink some water and walk around again.  Nothing happened for the next half hour, so I went back to bed.  Tossed and turned but did get some sleep, waking every now and then with a contraction, but nothing urgent enough to make me get up.

Now it's morning.  I'm making yet another cup of raspberry leaf tea and heading to do my quiet time.  I'll take another long walk this morning, and you can bet God and I will have some quality time together!  I don't think I can keep doing this, not after my experience with Lucan!  I either need to be in labor or not--none of this "maybe something is finally happening" stuff!  It really has me on edge, with the kids trying to prepare for the Bible Bee on Saturday.  I'd like to know that I'll actually be there with them (preferably with an infant!), and I'd like to not be so RESTLESS and listless, not know what in the world is going to happen between now and then.

It makes daily life decisions so much more difficult!  Should I drive to Trader Joe's as planned to get a few groceries?  What about Charis' orthodontist appointment this afternoon? 

Didn't I learn about waiting on the Lord LAST time I was pregnant, LOL!  Guess He still thinks I need to work on that. :-)

No comments: