August 14, 2011

Not Again...

Those who have followed our family blog for awhile may remember that I experienced a couple of false labors with Lucan (read here and here for more info), who didn't arrive until 10 days after the second trip to the hospital.  Looking back, we aren't sure if all that happened because he was in the wrong position or what, but regardless, it was extremely frustrating to experience with a 5th baby.  I've been praying we won't have to go through all that again!  (On a random side note, it's kind of funny that the same thing happened with Arden, our 3rd baby--I was in the hospital twice with what everyone, including the doctors, thought were real labor pains, only to have him not show up until a day after his due date!  I find that interesting, since Arden and Lucan are so similar in both looks and personality!)

So last night, when I was hit with some contractions that actually got my attention, I wondered...I was feeling "different," and I'm not sure how else to describe it.  When I first lay down for the night (at the second contraction), the baby started moving like crazy, and his pokes and jabs were all in a different spot than I usually feel them--much, much lower, almost as if I could expect a little hand to reach OUT of my body!  I got up again, drank some water, talked with my mom a bit, sent a quick note to Ted and my local "I'm in labor and need help with the kids" friend, and then got back in bed, thinking that if this WAS going to go anywhere, I had better try to rest a little bit, at least!

Well, I tossed and turned throughout the night, waking with some pains, but nothing too bad, and by this morning all was calm again.  After my last L&D experience, I will probably want to wait until I feel the urge to push before I even leave for the hospital for fear I'll be sent back home again, LOL!  But then again, I don't want to assume it WON'T be short and wait too long, either!  Please pray for clear guidance when the time is right.  I still have over 2 weeks before my due date, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the fact that our other deployment baby (Kenna) came 2 weeks early kind of makes me think/hope that it might happen again this time!

No comments: