1. I've been derailed with my P90X efforts...a stomach bug hit me yesterday, and while my tummy is not so unsettled now, I have a rip-roaring headache and feel pretty weak. Here's hoping Mother's Day brings health!
2. This afternoon I decided I really must teach Kenna to read. Ted had taken the kids to the library while I napped earlier. After they were home, while I was working on a stamping project, I suddenly realized that while everyone else quietly had a nose in a book, Kenna was talking and/or making noises non. stop. all. after. noon. I may not have noticed if I hadn't had the aforementioned headache...
3. The privileges (or dangers) of having older brothers include becoming well-versed in gun noises and uses. Part of Kenna's talking spree this afternoon included random "pshew, pshew" noises, which came with intermittent verses of a song she made up with lyrics that included the line, "Jesus died on the cross for our sins."
4. We're having strange weather here. Anyone else? Tornado watch last night, with plummeting temperatures. Windy and overcast all day. Kind of matches my feelings, I guess! If I have to be sick, might as well have nasty weather!
5. We're reading the biography of Gladys Aylward in school. If you want to be challenged spiritually, check out this amazing lady who influenced so many people in China for Christ after being told she would never be a "good missionary." The kids are loving the adventure as much as I am!
6. It's been awhile since I posted a picture, so here are Kenna and Lucan with some of their favorite toys. The gun actually belongs to Tobin, but Lucan commandeers it as often as he can. He also enjoys walking around with Arden's sword or anything else long and hard and weapon-like.