September 06, 2009

Labor Day Weekend--Friday

We're having a fantastic four-day weekend. Ted was off Friday, so we did very little schoolwork. I was able to do a big commissary trip, the first time in 3 weeks. It is so nice that Ted can pick up things now and then on his way home from work, leaving me free to only shop "big time" once every 2-3 weeks.

That afternoon, while the little ones slept, Ted took the older kiddos to the library--they each have their own library card but are only allowed to check out 10 books at a time for the first 60 days. (What's up with that?!) We had gone the Friday before, but of course they had all read their own--and each other's--before the week was even halfway up, so they were desperate for new reading material. While they were gone, I made some customer calls that went quite well. I'm thankful for some positive responses to my efforts thus far!

In the evening Ted and I had our first date night since our move! A few weeks ago I attended a scrapbooking night that my new friend Susie took me to. The consultant who was hosting it has a 14-year-old daughter, Rachel. The family is also military and also believers, and I was excited to learn that Rachel was available and willing to babysit 5 children! She was wonderful! I felt completely comfortable leaving the house with her in charge. She is a delightful young lady, and I pray in a few years Charis will have the same words said about her. :-) Ted and I went to The Greene, a new area since we lived here, and ate at The Cheesecake Factory, then puttered around a huge bookstore...all in all, a perfect date for us! When we got home, Lucan had just finished a bottle successfully, and the kids were up having some reading time. They begged for Rachel to come back soon--we've already made plans for October 3 and plan to set a monthly date night! What a blessing to find such a great babysitter.

1 comment:

Debi Joy said...

I so enjoyed being a regular sitter for the kids. I'm so happy that you found a sitter so quickly. That is AWESOME!!