August 02, 2009

General Update

So I was hoping to post pictures, but we apparently misplaced our USB cable, and I hate to buy a new one unless we get absolutely desperate. It's around our new house somewhere, we know that much!

Anyway. We have now been in the new house for 12 days. It's hard to believe it's ONLY been 12 days--so much has been done! We have a few random boxes to unpack, mostly in the storage room and garage, but overall things are put where we want them. It is SO nice to have storage space again! That was what our last house was missing! A couple of teeny, tiny closets, and then everything else had to be jammed in the garage. Now we have two large storage spaces in the basement, plus closets GALORE with shelving for games, puzzles, etc. I am so thankful for this house and pray we can stay in it as long as we are in Ohio. If we're only here 2 years, we're good, but if Ted gets extended to 3 or 4 years, there could be trouble...the owner is only supposed to be in Egypt for 2 years, and if he decides to retire after that assignment, he will want to sell the house so he can buy property wherever he wants to settle down. If he accepts another assignment from the government, he may be willing to continue renting to us. It's too early to worry about it, but after our experience in Las Vegas, we're a bit concerned about having to leave this fabulous house...but if we have to, at least 2 years in it is longer than we ever stayed in any of our LV houses!!

Ted is already happy about the fact that he no longer dreads going to work. :-) I'm just happy that he's happy! He's been at work for one week now and has seemed so much less stressed, and I'm thankful for that. He has a good rapport with his boss (working with someone you respect for a couple of years will do that!), and I think this will be a good assignment for him.

I've enjoyed getting back into an exercise routine that includes running 3-5 times per week. Yesterday I went 5.5 miles, the longest I've gone in probably almost a year! I don't think I'll be ready for the Air Force marathon in September, LOL, but I intend to be regular now that we're settled in. The mornings have been so nice and cool, and such a welcome change after the desert heat we're used to. I loaded up my long-distance fuel belt yesterday and came home having only drunk 2 1/2 bottles of water...I told Ted I won't need that belt unless I'm going 10 miles or more! I'm glad I got a different one for shorter distances...I'm still thinking in Las Vegas terms.

Tuesday I leave for the Stampin' Up! convention, and I'm excited to meet up with friends and get away by myself for a bit. (Of course, Lucan is coming with me. But it will still be nice to have a girls' vacation!) I had an open house for SU! last Thursday evening, and I had 7 downline members and one customer show up, LOL. It was great to meet some of my DL gals whom I hadn't met before, and I look forward to training meetings together.

I'll post a kids' update later...right now, my tea is ready and I'm off to enjoy a REAL quiet time...even Ted is still sleeping!

1 comment:

Heather said...

See you Tues. Can't wait!!