July 29, 2008

I'm a Streaker!!

I'm on an exercise streak! I've purposefully exercised for 23 days straight now. This means that I don't count walking from the parking lot into the store as exercise. :-) I've been running 5 times a week and doing some low-impact exercising such as walking, biking, or swimming the other 2 days a week.

I feel great and as a bonus have lost 5 pounds. Woohoo! Mostly, I just felt convicted that I needed to be careful and purposeful about how I take care of my body. Ted and I are going through Beth Moore's study on the book of Daniel, and when we were reading about Belshazzar and the handwriting on the wall, she talked about treating holy vessels as unholy. In the case of Babylon's leader at the time, the vessels were those stolen from God's temple in Jerusalem and used for heathen purposes, but in my case, my vessel is my body...and if I'm not taking care of it the way I know I should, I am treating it as unholy.

So...I began a journey of daily exercise--minimum goal, 4 weeks, but ideally it will lead to a more consistent routine, even more so than I've been doing (which, don't get me wrong, is a MUCH better record than I had prior to moving to Las Vegas!). God continues to "waken me morning by morning" (see Isaiah 50:4 or my post about this here) and has strengthened me to do what He wants me to do.

No comments: