March 29, 2008

The Angels Are Rejoicing!

Monday morning after Easter Arden was the first child awake. Since we did spring break this past week, I wasn't in a rush to get anything done or wake the kids up, so Arden and I enjoyed some cuddle time on the couch. I asked him if he wanted me to read the story book we had gotten him for Easter, and he did. The story ("Benjamin's Box") goes along with the Resurrection Eggs that we had used in the week leading up to Easter. It's a great book, and we both enjoyed reading it together.

When we were finished, Arden asked, "When will we go to heaven?"

I told him that first we need to have Jesus in our hearts before we go to heaven--something he has been told before, but I sensed that today we were going to go deeper. He was very responsive, so I began asking him questions. He agreed that he was a sinner, like every other person in the world, and he knew that he could not get to heaven by himself. Only by believing in Jesus, accepting the fact that He died on the cross for our sins, can we enter the kingdom of heaven.

One thing led to another, and soon Arden was saying, "Mom, I want to pray with you." I prayed a phrase-by-phrase prayer, with him repeating after me, and lo and behold, Arden Daniel is now a Christian with Jesus in his heart!

He has glowed every time we talk about it, and he shared with his siblings as well as his AWANA leader that he asked Jesus into his heart. In fact, he even began asking us if he could be baptized! I think watching Charis' baptism encouraged him in this respect, as he used to tell us, "I NEVER want to be baptized," or "I'll be baptized when I'm 19 or 20."

Praise the Lord for revealing Himself to our precious son!

1 comment:

Amos said...

Such amazing things happening in your family. How Joyful! Makes any hard times just disappear for those moments, and know that it was worth it all.