March 26, 2007

Baby Pool Winners

And the winners are...

Date of birth--February 27
Winner--Monica, who guessed March 7

Time of birth--6:12 a.m.
Winner--Claire, who guessed 10:35 a.m.

Birth weight--6 pounds, 5 ounces
Winner--Monica, who guessed 7 pounds, 3 ounces

Length--19 3/8 inches
Winner--Sarah, who guessed 19 1/2 inches

Duration of labor--"Real" labor, probably 4-5 hours (This is hard, because usually I count from when contractions first start. But they literally started days, even weeks, before Kenna's arrival!)
Winner--Claire and Megan, who both said 5 hours

So, Claire and Monica are the winners, I guess, since they each got 2 answers closest to the real numbers! Congratulations, ladies! Your prize is that your names are mentioned in my blog. ;-)

I should have written down my own guesses. I guessed she would arrive earlier than any of my other children...I wasn't prepared for her to come two WEEKS early, though! I also guessed she would be born at 6:30 a.m. and almost nailed that one. And finally, based on Charis's birth weight, plus the fact that I gained less weight during this pregnancy, I had guessed her weight would be under 7 pounds, but I didn't write or think of a specific weight or length.

No comments: