February 25, 2007

It's a Girl Thing...

Last night Charis and I enjoyed a girls' movie night. The boys were in bed by 6:45 p.m.! This is partly because they needed the rest--Arden was up at the crack of dawn and told me he wasn't "fee-wing vew-y well" several times throughout the day, and Tobin was having issues with loose poop. And honestly, it was partly because of behavior issues, mostly on Tobin's part, that resulted in the loss of movie-night privileges.

Anyway. Charis and I cuddled up on the couch and watched her movie choice, Sleeping Beauty. It's been a long while since I'd seen the movie, so I opted to actually watch it with her rather than multi-task. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed the cuddle time with her. During a section in the middle, when the prince is dancing with "Briar Rose" in the woods without knowing she is the princess to whom he is already betrothed, I glanced down and saw Charis rubbing both of her eyes. I asked her if she was tired, and she looked up at me with shiny, wet eyes and said in a trembly voice, "My eyes just feel like crying!"

Mind, this happened during a happy, sappy part of the movie--nothing remotely sad going on here! I thought it was too cute that she got so emotional over the gushy, romantic part! That's my little princess. :-)

No comments: