June 20, 2012

Father's Day

Sunday, June 17

I'm so used to attending church on Sunday mornings instead of Saturday evenings that Father's Day seemed to start off so differently this year!  But it WAS nice to have a leisurely morning at home, particularly since we had some kid issues in the night.  Later in the morning we packed some snacks to take to a park that had a small water play area as well as a sand pit and playground equipment.  We stayed as long as we could without melting and then went back to the house for lunch.  The grown-ups had Chipotle for lunch (yum!), and then the little boys and I got a good nap while the others had some chill time at the condo during Joel's afternoon softball game.


A very sleepy Zaden!

Munching chips in one of the few shady spots left on the playground equipment!
(Notice Kenna's Cheeto Smile?!)

Lucan does some "driving."

In the evening Ted and I went out to eat while everyone else had Papa Murphy's pizza and a movie night.  Then, we came back to the condo to collect Zaden and an overnight bag and went to the Magnolia in downtown Denver to spend the night, my Father's Day/15th anniversary gift to Ted.  (Our actual anniversary date is the 28th of June, but we'll be in the middle of Commission Week then!)  We got a deal on a fireplace suite and enjoyed getting to have some uninterrupted time together, as Zaden took the change of scenery all in stride and promptly fell asleep when we put him down.  (Hey, one closet looks the same as another when you're inside in the dark, right?!)

Ted surprised me with an early anniversary gift as well, an amethyst necklace and earring set from Kandahar.  It's gorgeous!  I don't have a picture of it yet, and I'm not sure a photograph would do it justice, since it changes color in different kinds of light.  When he gave it to me, Ted said something about how I shine in the various roles I fill...I'm not exactly sure of the wording, but I know it turned me to mush and pretty much made me a puddle. :-)  I love him!

I wonder what the next 15 years will bring us?!  All we know is, God has been so faithful, and life is certainly an adventure when you follow Him!

No comments: