October 25, 2011

Zaden at Two Months

10 lbs, 15 oz: 54th percentile (and he was weighed RIGHT before a feeding, so he surely would have broken 11 pounds if the timing was different!)
23 1/4 inches: 84th percentile

Zaden is doing so well nowadays!  He and I celebrated his 2-month birthday by sleeping 7 hours straight--woohoo!  Truly, I could not ask for an easier baby.  I know, I know, it's hard to believe after all the drama we went through the first few weeks of his life, but God obviously knew that I couldn't handle a high-maintenance infant this time around!  He is on a very consistent feeding schedule, though I'm able to bend it a little to work around our activities.  After feeding, he usually stays awake for about an hour during the daytime, and then--like clockwork--he starts getting fussy and fusses until about 5 minutes after I put him in bed.  Then, just like that, he's asleep!  And nights have been pretty good.  I usually get at least 4 1/2 - 5 hours of sleep in one stretch, and he has gone longer on occasion.  Of course, there is the random night where he's up at 2 a.m., but for the most part, we seem to be doing pretty well here, which is good, because there is never a guarantee that I can get a nap.

I was afraid that we were in for another poop issue, as he stopped pooping after last Thursday.  But I am pleased to announce that we had a "poop-tacular" diaper this evening, so hopefully things are back on track with that! 

Zaden is becoming so much more alert and aware of his surroundings, which is fun for his siblings, who always stop as they go by where he's sitting/lying to talk and play with him.  I love seeing how he responds to my voice, and we're getting some very good smiles these days.  (Miracle of miracles, I captured one on the camera tonight!)  He is starting to coo and gurgle, and Kenna is convinced that he is trying to say words.  She boasted one day, "Mommy, Zaden said, 'Gah!'"  Oh yes, we have such a clever baby, LOL!

The most outstanding physical feature he has is undoubtedly his HUGE eyes, which garner comments everywhere we go.  I guess he is just trying to take everything in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are some big eyes for sure! Glad to hear he's doing so well.