August 10, 2010

10 on Tuesday


1. Arden probably will have his two front teeth by Christmas, but at the rate he's going, the Tooth Fairy will be too broke to do much more than stuff his stocking!

2. We have a wean-er! Lucan seems to be officially finished nursing. He was my longest nurser, going 16 months (8 months on one side only, though, LOL). The last few times we tried, he either A) covered me back up (!!!hope that lasts past the teen years, ha!!!) or B) pushed me away or C) bit me. So. We're done.

3. We had a tent up in our backyard over the weekend. The weather turned nice for a change--about 20 degrees cooler with far less humidity. Charis and Tobin slept in the tent Friday night. Arden was sick with a fever that day so didn't join them. All went well, and we are looking forward to a "real" camping trip someday!

4. It's raining. Pretty hard. Wonder if it will result in some cooler weather?!

5. Tomorrow the older kids are supposed to go to the water beach park. Wonder if the rain will stop before then?!

6. Today was Room Cleaning Day. For the moment, anyway, all three of the kids' bedrooms are spic-n-span. We even dusted dresser tops that had been covered with stuff for...a very long time.

7. I need a new planner. Mine ends after August. I suppose I need to get to an office store and start browsing...my September calendar is already filling up, and I'm running out of places to make notes about activities.

8. Holy cow. Is it really almost September?!

9. Our Sonlight order is on its way after a bit of a detour. Somehow they sent it to our Ohio street address in Las Vegas. The poor FedEx man was very confused when he called our Ohio phone number to locate an address in Las Vegas that didn't exist. I have no idea how this happened, since I obviously had to verify all the information when I placed the order, plus input billing information! Good thing we weren't planning to start school this week!

10. I made a very yummy side dish a couple of nights ago: Baked Pumpkin. It was like dessert! For my non-Facebook friends, here is the recipe.

1 baked pumpkin (I cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and pulp, and bake at 375 degrees, face down on a cookie sheet. Add some water to the tray and cover the pumpkin with foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or so.)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar--in original recipe. I used 1/2 cup of organic sugar and about 1/4 cup of honey.

Mix together and bake in a casserole dish for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.

1 comment:

taylordi said...

Don't remind me that it's almost September, I am not ready to go back. We've had a nice relaxing summer just being here at home. Meghan is ready though, she missses all of her friends.

LOL at the shipping mishap.