Hmmm. I've wanted to update our blog for awhile and have lots of things I want to share...for now I will give you random snippets of life around here.
* Tobin lost his second tooth a couple of days ago. Actually, he YANKED out his second tooth.
* Our house remains intact despite winds of 67 miles per hour last night and today.
* Charis has finished her AWANA Climber book twice and needs only to say a few verses in the "Climber Plateau" section before getting her review patch.
* Kenna seems to be holding fast to her trend of getting sick on Thursdays. Not sure if it's the time spent in the nursery Sunday mornings or what, but just as she gets over one illness she turns around and gets another one. At least she naps great on Thursdays and Fridays!
* Tuesday afternoon I learned it is possible to experience enough pain in a small part of one's body (right-hand pinkie) to nearly vomit. Thankfully the door in which said pinkie got stuck did not even break any skin, let alone bones, and although there is some stiffness yet today, I can use all 10 digits with a fair degree of success.
* I've given in...we're becoming PBS junkies. In addition to our once-a-week program, Word Girl, I've been allowing the kids to watch Super Why and Cyber Chase. Reading and math skills for the kids, a half-hour of peace for me...it's a good trade-off. Now, if I can just figure out how to alternate programs and computer time so they aren't in front of a screen all the time...
* I'm realizing that the above bullet probably sounds strange to some people whose children regularly watch multiple hours of TV every day, but when you go from having ZERO TV time to watching several 1/2 hour shows per week...well, that's not very typical for our family. All things in moderation though, right?!
And now it's time to pick up Charis and Tobin from PE. I will have to continue this riveting account of our family life at a later time.