December 01, 2007

Call Me Crazy...

...And please pray for me today and tomorrow! I'm officially registered for the Las Vegas half-marathon! I am probably insane for even attempting this. With various illnesses in November, I lost at least 2 weeks' worth of training time. The farthest distance I've ever run has been 10 miles, and I've only done that twice, the most recent of which was about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I didn't run for 8 days straight leading up to Thanksgiving, so I've only been back into it for a week and a half. I did make it 8 miles last Saturday, and it wasn't so bad.

So, I have no idea what tomorrow will hold, but Lord willing, I'll be able to post that I made it the whole 13.1 miles! Right now my only goal is to finish and have fun. I don't want to worry about my time at all. I know I'll probably be finishing around the time some of the elite runners will be crossing the line having finished a FULL marathon!

My friend Debbie R is coming to spend the night so she can be with the kids when Ted and I leave EARLY in the morning to get downtown. The race begins at approximately 6:07 a.m. Please pray for good weather as well as for safety for all the participants. I'm excited to see what the morning will hold!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CRAZY! But I love it!!! We will be praying for you. Hang in there and take what the day gives you! Best of luck ...