November 16, 2005

Reflections

I finished my early morning jog with my new running partner and was walking the half-mile or so back to our house, breathing in the crisp, cool November air. As I turned onto the street that would take me to our neighborhood, I noticed the bright moon, a full moon, or "cookie moon," as we call it at our house (not to be confused with a "watermelon moon" or a "banana moon"). The moon was beautiful, and so bright that it almost hurt my eyes to look at it.

The heavens declare the glory of God...

When does the moon shine the brightest? When it is a full moon--this is the only time it can fully reflect the glory and brilliance of the sun. Of course we can still see reflection from a half moon or crescent moon, and we can faintly trace the outline of a new moon. But to really see on a dark night...to have any glimpse of how bright the sun must be on the other side of the world...we look to the full moon.

When can I shine the most for my Heavenly Father? When I am full of the Holy Spirit--this is the time I can best reflect the glory and brilliance of the Son. Oh, I may reflect a little glory, a little light, here and there, but only when I empty myself and allow the Holy Spirit to fill me up can I shine completely for God's glory.

Dear Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit today and let me reflect You to everyone I meet.

1 comment:

Bethie Marie said...

Yes! I am here ONLY to be a reflection of God's Love and God's Glory.