- We have picked a house. (The one I described in the previous post.)
- The landlord wants us to rent the house.
- The landlord had a list of documents he had to provide by today to the housing office.
- He brought all except one.
- We can't do anything until he provides the one.
- He is supposed to bring it Tuesday.
- Assuming all is in order on Tuesday, we will schedule the pre-contract meeting, prayerfully for next Friday (Sept. 21).
- We will need to go back to the house and look around, taking detailed notes, before the pre-contract meeting.
- Once the pre-contract meeting takes place, there will be a number of inspections that must happen before we can do anything else.
That's all I can tell you for now! If you feel led, please pray with us the following:
- That we can schedule the pre-contract meeting before Ted leaves for a week-long training course.
- That we can be in the house before our temporary lodging allowance ends (October 15).
- That we will be in the house to receive delivery of our household goods before Ted leaves for a two-week exercise.
Thank you for your prayers! Here are a few pictures from around base. I haven't taken the camera out much, but this is better than nothing!
|The Village Forum--among other things, this place has the base library, chapel, community center, hotel, restaurant, shoppette, insurance offices...|
|View of Mt. Vesuvius--doesn't it look cool with the clouds over it?!|
|"Inside" the Forum area--actually looking at the courtyard. The chapel is directly across the way; the library is to the left where you see the person through the archway.|
|Walkway behind the Forum|
|"Library park" which the kids love going to! It's only open after 6 pm because it's used during the day for CDC and after-school care programs.|
|Zaden attempts to climb the wall in the library park! He didn't get far, but he sure does crawl around fast!|