April 07, 2010

Visitors

Today has been a whirlwind of preparations. I cannot believe it's 11:30 p.m. and I am still up! My mom is reading through the "Grandmas' Survival Manual" that I've been working on all week, and Ted is on his way to get his mom from the airport. This week has slipped by so quickly! Here are some random thoughts because I'm too tired to put this into a cohesive post.

* The plan for tomorrow is to pack our suitcases, then answer Grandma questions, show them where supplies are they will need, introduce them to neighbors, etc., and then hopefully make our getaway and go to a late lunch at one of our new favorite Indian restaurants on the south end of Dayton on our way to Cincinnati. Check-in for the convention begins at 3:30, and we'll meet up with our friends Blair and Heather. CANNOT WAIT!!!

* We actually have done some school work--last week was spring break for our city, but I still had the kids continue with school. However, we did go lightly, and they had plenty of play time. Spring weather continues to lure them outside, so we're still going lightly, but that was planned because of this week's activities anyway, so it's all good.

* Kenna now thinks she is a big kid. She has escaped the back yard on occasion on a quest to make sure she doesn't miss out on anything Charis is doing. Thank the Lord for watchful neighbors and responsible siblings. All this makes for great difficulty getting her down for a nap...but I did manage on Monday, and she slept an hour and a half.

* WIND, wind, and more WIND. The day before Easter I couldn't fall asleep during my "nap time" because of the wind, and it's been kicking up lots of allergens ever since. *ah-choo*

* This morning I hit my personal record for a Commissary bill. I'd like to think we actually save money by only doing one large trip per month, but I'm not entirely sure that's the case...all I know is, I'm going to start needing a helper to maneuver those full, heavy carts!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Enjoy your time with Heather and Blaire. You DESERVE a get a way!