September 10, 2008

A Trip to See the Dentist

Today was the day the older three kids had their 6-month check-ups. I am pleased to report I did NOT forget this appointment, ha! We dropped Kenna off at my friend Debi's house, where the two of them had a wonderful time while we were away. We made it to the office about 20 minutes ahead of our appointment time...guess I'm used to having to get to the base hospital 15 minutes before appointment time! We waited awhile, but I think the kids were called back a little before their scheduled time. I wasn't allowed to go back, so I sat in the outer lobby and chatted with my friend Monica in Maryland until the hygienist came to get me.

When I went back, the kids were happily watching cartoons (Tom and Jerry!! Oh, those were the good ol' days!), and Tobin was about to have his exam. None of the kids had any cavities, thank the Lord, and they all behaved very nicely. (Whew!) I chuckled when Dr. Galea asked Tobin if he had a nice teacher. Tobin answered affirmatively, and I said, "I'm glad he thinks so!" before explaining that we homeschool.

The kids came home with goodie bags full of stickers, new toothbrushes, floss, blue toothpaste (which they all love but I hate because of the way it dries in the sink, yuck), and their treasures from the "treasure tower."

After retrieving Kenna and having lunch, we had a somewhat leisurely afternoon...I did have the kids help me clean the house, but we opted to skip school today since we're taking a break next week so can just catch up then on anything we don't finish this week. (I will have to post a separate homeschool update later.) When Kenna went down for a nap, I did too...a migraine that hit me last weekend is trying to return, so I let the boys watch Return of the Jedi while Charis enjoyed some quiet room time and I got almost a 2-hour nap. (Kenna slept for almost FOUR HOURS!!!)

Now Ted and the kids are at church, and I'm dealing with the migraine. It's about time that I can take some more Tylenol, and then I'll probably head to bed. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better.

2 comments:

Megan R. said...

I hate pregnancy headaches. Do you get more or less of them during pregnancy?

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the headache. Try elimanating sugar for few days and you probably already know this make sure you're drinking lots of water. Hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the kids teeth.