May 17, 2008

Daddy's Home!

Ted left early on Mother's Day to go to Langley AFB in Virginia for a week-long conference. He arrived home late last night, just after I had given up and went to bed because my eyelids were so droopy! The kids were up bright and early to greet him, which is all right since the two of us woke up at 5:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep!

Ted's TDYs and deployments are always challenging times. I always think I'm going to get so much stuff done because I can concentrate on my to-do list in the evenings as well as in the daytimes, but I'm always so exhausted when evening comes that things really don't happen the way I plan! I have good intentions of getting scrapbook pages completed or the house cleaned, but the truth is, once the kids are in bed, I either go to bed early or else read a few chapters and then go to bed semi-early!

Thanks to our break from school, I did get a LOT of housework/organizing done last week because I could work during the daytime hours when I actually had some energy. And I have also completed some scrapbook pages, which I need to photograph and post on my scrapping blog, which is woefully behind.

But the important thing is not that the house is clean or that our bookshelves are organized...it's that we're together as a family again, the way it should be. :-)

No comments: