December 09, 2016

Lucan's Letter

Seven-year-old Lucan has a pen pal in South Dakota. He received his first letter from Ty last month, and finally we sat down to get a response ready. I decided to allow Lucan to dictate the letter to me in the interest of getting something IN the mail rather than waiting for him to write everything out. This is what he dictated...I love the random ramblings!

December 2, 2016

Dear Ty,
I hope you and your family have a great time. I am an artist, and I like playing with Legos. I really want to obey my parents very well. Zaden, my 5-year-old brother, sometimes wants me to not make my Lego guys back to normal. Zaden also has less schoolwork than me.
Tobin and Arden sometimes do Minecraft. Tobin is 14, Arden is 13. I am 7 years old.
Kenna, my 9-year-old sister, has Legos too. And also me, Kenna, and Zaden like playing with Legos together.
Charis, my 16-year-old sister, is a babysitter. And also sometimes she is here at home.
And Seanin is the chubby one. He is 3 years old. Me, Zaden, and Seanin share a room. Seanin just won’t let me have some of my Lego pieces.
And baby Rhema, my youngest sibling, she is very cute even though she cries sometimes. She is one and a half years old. Sometimes me and her play with each other.
I have 8 children in my family, soon to be 9.
My dad goes to work almost every day and comes back for dinner. My mom, with baby Verity in her tummy, it’s getting hard for her to bend over.
Ty, there is one thing I would like to tell you about me. I sometimes have dreams what are like in heaven.
Sometimes our movie time is watching “Octonauts.”

I hope you like my letter!

No comments: