November 21, 2013

Lucan

Me, after nearly rear-ending some idiot who stopped to talk on his cell phone IN THE EXIT LANE: Whew, my heart is racing!

Lucan: My heart is racing, too, Mommy! It's going to win!

**********

Lucan has always been very affectionate, earning the name "Lovable Lucan."  Lately his thing has been telling me, "Mommy, I love you 100!" or "Mommy, I love you 100 times!"  Not sure where he got that quantifier, but it melts my heart every time I hear it!

**********

A current obsession has been playing Peter Pan and Captain Hook.  Of course, Lucan is always Peter Pan, even though he also loves to dress up like a pirate (complete with the crocheted eye patch that Charis made for him).  The obsession carries over into his building and drawing--he builds Captain Hook's ship out of legos, math blocks, trio blocks, pretty much any kind of building material.  And of course he draws and paints Captain Hook's ship as well, and his play-acting includes all of these elements.  He proudly announced to me one day, "Mommy, Captain Hook's pirates are getting dead!"

No comments: