We left close to 3 p.m. and headed to St. Louis, where we stayed the night in a Marriott Residence Inn. Just in time, too, as we experienced a HUGE thunder/lightning storm about an hour after we got everyone to bed. Thankfully, everyone (but me!) was sound asleep by the time it rolled in, thoroughly exhausted from all the playtime at the water park!
After mowing through an extensive selection at the continental breakfast, we hit the road again, this time to our friends Craig and Mimi's house, where we stayed overnight at the beginning of our Forever Long Road Trip. Since we only had one short night together then, it has been fun to just hang out together!
We've only been here a couple of days (since Thursday afternoon), but we've packed a lot in already!
- P90X workouts and morning runs with Mimi! (Ouch, I'm sore, but I'm motivated to get back into the exercise routine again!)
- A trip to the Legoland Discovery Center (pics here).
- Yummy meals, so far to include lasagna and salad, Craig's super bacon cheeseburgers, and some amazing biscuits and gravy!
- A campfire with s'mores (pics here).
- An early first birthday celebration for Zaden, since he turns one on August 24 and we'll be in flux! (Pics here.)
Zaden's little party was so fun. We kept it simple and picked up an individual little red velvet cake with sprinkles at the grocery store for Zaden to have for his very own get-messy feeding frenzy, then got an ice cream cake from Culver's for the rest of us to eat. Mimi pulled out some birthday decorations, and in a snap the dining room was ready for a PAR-TAY!! We had a blast watching Zaden experience his first real sugar rush! It's hard to believe it's been nearly a year since our sweet little guy made an appearance with his daddy halfway around the world!