1. Beginning to wish I had just paid the $80 for another crib tent for Lucan. From the thumps I am hearing overhead, apparently he is taking flying leaps off his bed instead of napping.
2. My parents have been here for a short visit--hooray! They got to see Charis' play yesterday, despite Mom being sick all Saturday night with a stomach virus--boo. Praying no one else in the family gets sick, especially since Mom and Dad leave tomorrow for Wisconsin. Not sure I can handle a stomach virus with 6 kiddos on top of everything else I'm dealing with!
3. The milk blister/mastitis/etc. saga continues. Friday I got a dose of Diflucan after it was obvious that my body was dealing with yeast. The good news is that the lumps in my right breast cleared up. I am still dealing with the milk blister and reduced milk production on that side, but this morning the skin of the blister itself finally broke apart (no needles! I promise!), and I am hoping that MAYBE, FINALLY, we can see some healing. I have an appointment with the midwife on base to do more specific assessment on everything that's been going on. My lactation consultant and I are going to be pretty darn close after all this!!! She has been wonderful. I feel like I should be a case study for breastfeeding problems...you name it, I've had it, all in the last 3 1/2 months!!
4. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...exploded all over the house. I've turned the kids loose with the decorations and have decided I will not say a WORD about how things look. (By nightfall, however, the Thanksgiving decorations WILL be back in the storage closet in the basement if I have to repack everything myself to get them down there.)
5. The kids decorated the Christmas tree a week ago, so we did have a little bit of Christmas in the house before mid-December.