- Veterans' Day--I enjoyed a business lunch with one of my local downline members, and then our whole family joined some other homeschool families to go to an assisted living facility and provide some music and fellowship for the residents. Charis played "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and some hymns.
- Friday Ted took Arden and Tobin to see the Colorado Avalanche play the Blue Jackets in Columbus. The boys were ecstatic to go--Ted most of all! The rest of us hosted our monthly family community group for a fun time of food, fellowship, and a devotional.
- Saturday was my Stampin' Up! group's third stamp camp of the year. We had 33 women attend, the most we've ever had! It was a crazy day but very good. There were probably 7-8 bookings and 3 new recruits all together, and I personally got over $300 in sales. Woohoo!
- Yesterday was my first "down day" in a looooong time. I took a nap guilt-free. :-)
- This week I'm preparing, along with a number of other musicians from the church, for a benefit concert we're doing on Friday evening. I'm playing piano for about 2/3 of the songs, and it's going to be an AWESOME night!
- Charis is still rehearsing for her play, which will be the first two weekends in December. Thankfully, her small role means we only have to take her to Tuesday rehearsals, so our week isn't totally eaten up by evening activities. Between the two of us, we have rehearsal and/or a performance 4 out of 5 nights this week!
- Two weeks from today Ted has his pre-deployment physical, at which time we will learn for sure whether he really is going to be allowed to deploy! After being medically coded to NOT deploy for 9 years, it was a bit of a shock to receive this tasking...but God is sovereign, and we look forward to what He will do in and through our family in the coming months and years.
November 15, 2010
Somebody stop the world! I want to get off! :-) Here's a very quick rundown of life around here...