February 16, 2011

Pancakes Without Flour




These pancakes are a new favorite at our house.  Wednesdays and Sundays are now pancake days around here.  We have used two pancake recipes quite successfully--one uses coconut flour, and the other is what is pictured here.  I upped my recipe to feed our larger family.  As you can see, I fit 15 pancakes on our electric griddle.  They are about 3 inches in diameter.  (I've noticed you have to make these kinds of pancakes much smaller than what we used to make, as they are much harder to flip.)

Here's the recipe I used...you can adjust according to family size.

6 mushy bananas  (You can also use equivalent or approximate amounts of applesauce or pureed squash.)
12 eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut or nut butter (I used 3/4 cup PB and 3/4 cup homemade almond butter)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix well.  Use a small gravy ladle to spoon onto a buttered griddle.  My recipe made 80 pancakes...plenty for our family plus some leftovers for quick breakfasts for Ted. :-)  The original recipe was 1 banana, 2 Tbsp PB, 3 eggs, and 1/2 tsp soda.  Um, yeah.  Not enough for us!

3 comments:

taylordi said...

Interesting! We may have to try them, thanks for sharing!

Debi said...

I will definitely be making these! I'd also love the recipe with the coconut flour if you have a moment to send it to me. I've been gluten free for only 3 days and already my gassy/bloated stomach has calmed down!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.